WELCOME TO YOUR SHOP
Now that your Instagram is shoppable, start engaging with people about your products. Try experimenting with these tips to find ways to leverage your shoppable content.
MAKE CONTENT ACTIONABLE
People engage with shoppable photos and videos all throughout the app. Use all available touchpoints across Stories, Feed and Profile to build shopping behaviors.
- Use clear CTA’s like this Perricone MD example to tell people how to shop your products on Instagram.
- Update your Profile bio to communicate how to shop your content now that you are on Shopping.
OWN YOUR BRAND VOICE
Unlike other ecommerce sites and apps, there is no Instagram Shopping template your brand and content has to fit into.
- Maintain the same tone and voice your followers love. Shopping features shouldn’t change who you are as a brand.
- In this example, Outdoor Voices uses product tags with authentic non-commercial content consistent with their brand.
Build a calendar of moments that are important to your brand and plan your products and content in advance.
- Choose cultural moments that are important to your brand and your followers similar to how the NFL chose Draft Day and featured players in content selling their new team’s caps.
- Don’t be afraid to create your own moment like Julian Edelman who turned his epic game-winning pass into a shoppable moment for fans to embrace.