INSTAGRAM SHOPPING ADS
Your guide to promoting shoppable posts on Instagram
Introducing Instagram Shopping Ads
Promote organic Shopping posts to supercharge your Shopping strategy.
Instagram Shopping ads leverage people’s existing behavior by allowing them to “tap the tag” for more information about your featured product and how to purchase.
Shopping ads can be promoted in Feed or Explore
Why Shopping Ads?
AMPLIFYScale your shoppable content to reach more of your target audience using our ads targeting capabilities.
OPTIMIZEChoose a campaign objective that achieves your business’s specific goal.
BUILDTest a variety of formats and objectives to begin creating a holistic Shopping strategy that works for you.
Shopping Ads With Checkout
Instagram checkout businesses can run Shopping ads with checkout enabled so people can shop your promoted post without leaving the app.
How to Setup Instagram Shopping Ads
Your guide to promoting shoppable content on Instagram.
Before You Begin:
- Choose the Shopping post you want to promote.
- The Shopping post should already be posted to your profile and have products tagged in it.
- Your Shopping ad will show the products that were originally tagged in the organic Shopping post.
Go to Ads Manager and create an ad
Step 2: Campaign
Select from one of the available Shopping Ad objectives:
- Brand Awareness - Reach people more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness of your brand.
- Conversions - Get people to make a purchase. Use the Facebook Pixel to track and measure conversions.
- Traffic - Send more people to a destination like your Product Details Page or website.
- Reach - Show your ad to the maximum number of people
- Engagement - Get more people to engage with your post by tapping the Shopping Tags.
- Audience: Choose your campaign audience
- Placements: Select from one of the available Shopping Ad placements
- Optimization & Spending Channels: Choose your campaign budget and timing
- Identity: Select the Instagram account associated with the Shopping post you want to promote.
- Under “Use Existing Post” click “Select Post”
- Select the Shopping post you want to promote then click “Continue”
- If you are an Instagram checkout business, toggle on the “Checkout” button to enable people to shop your post without leaving the app.
A: We are currently testing dynamic ads with checkout, both on FB and IG and we may continue testing checkout on other formats.
A: Yes. We will have a selling fee to help to fund programs and products that help make checkout possible, as well as offset transaction-related expenses.
A: Checkout is currently in a closed beta with a small set of partners to ensure that we are providing a great experience for both our Instagram community and businesses that we work with. We’re looking forward to making checkout generally available at some point in the future, but at this time we’re not accepting requests for new sellers.
A: Both Instagram Shopping ads and Checkout on Instagram continue to be in beta. Advertisers should test and learn how Instagram Shopping ads drive value, both with and without checkout.