People use Instagram throughout the day to find and interact with people and local businesses that help them find their next food experience. They discover new places to eat at, new things to order, and tasty meals to share with their friends.
Food posts have been published on Instagram1
Instagrammers have a conversation with a business every month 2
of Instagrammers have a strong interest in food, cooking and restaurants3
An Instagram business profile gives your business access to advanced features like contact information, insights, and the ability to promote posts from within the app. It’s easy to create or switch to a business profile:
If you don’t have Instagram
1. Download the Instagram app for iOS from the App Store, Android from Google Play store or Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store. Tap the app to open it after it’s installed.
2. Tap Sign Up, then enter your email address or phone number and tap Next, or tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
3. Within the app, find Settings, then scroll down to Switch to a business profile.
If you want to switch from a personal to a business profile
1. Make sure your profile is set to Public. Private accounts can’t switch to business profiles.
2. Go to your profile and tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
3. In Settings, scroll down until you see Switch to Business Profile.
4. Tap Switch to Business Profile.
5. Tap through the instructions and select the Facebook Page you’d like to connect to your Instagram business profile.
6. On the Set Up Your Business Profile page, review the contact information for your business, make any changes and tap Done.
If you have a personal profile and want to add a business profile
1. Go to your profile and tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. In your Settings menu, scroll down until you see Login.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Sign Up, then enter your email address or phone number and tap Next, or tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
5. Within the app, find Settings, then scroll down to Switch to a business profile.
Now that you’ve identified yourself as a business on Instagram, follow these tips to get the most out of your business profile.
1. Create a description for your business
2. Add contact information like email address, phone number or business location
3. Fill in your profile bio with personality - add relevant hashtags or emojis
• Include the location tag of your business in your posts and stories.
• Encourage your customers to share their posts and stories with the location tag included.
• Invite your customers to @mention your business when they share content about you, so their friends go to your profile from their post.
• Add up to three relevant hashtags related to your post. For example, include time of day, menu item, and your neighborhood (#brunch #pancakes #dogpatch).